State of Agriculture Panel
In July, join us as we will have a panel of Agriculture experts in different areas to hear about the state of agriculture in 2021.
Joining us on the panel are:
- Carolyn Olson. Carolyn grew up in the suburbs of Minneapolis and joined her husband on the farm in 1988. Once there, she quickly learned the ropes; preferring spring and fall tillage as well as running the combine.
As an organic crop farmer from southwestern Minnesota, Carolyn has served in many policy development and leadership roles both on a local, state, and national level. Carolyn has a passion for bringing together all types of farmers to secure a better future for all of agriculture. Carolyn also makes a delicious cinnamon roll. Ask her for her recipe.
- Mike Boerboom. Mike is the CEO of Boerboom Ag Resources, a family farming operation that produces about 400,000 market pigs annually. Mike also serves on the board of Wholestone Foods, a farmer owned pork packing plant in Fremont, NE.
- Ken Franzky. Agronomy Services Manager at Centrol. 27 years in the Agriculture industry including the last 6 at Centrol. His prior experience includes agronomic sales, support, and training in ag retailer and the seed industry.
- Senator Gary Dahms. Former Redwood County Commissioner and State Senator for District 16. He is Chairman of the Senate Commerce and Consumer Protection Finance and Policy Committee and Vice-Chairman of the Senate Agriculture and Rural Development Finance and Policy Committee.
- Chad Drake. Marshall Market President at Bremer Bank and also helps farm on a family farm.
Thank you to Bremer Bank & Titan Machinery for their continued support as AgBusiness Series Sponsors.
Also, thank you to the following event sponsors: First Independent Bank, Northwestern Farm Management Company, Ralco, Lyon County, AURI, Lyon County Environmental, Legal Estate Planning Solutions, PLLC, AgCountry Farm Credit Services, AgPlus, Hennen Seeds, Panka Insurance Agency, Lockwood Motors, Lanners Brothers Construction, New York Life, MVTV Wireless, Animal Health Center & Olson Organics.
Please register in advance if you plan to attend.