Join the team at Avera!
Award Winning Health Care: Avera has been named among the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems, Forbes list of America’s Best-in-State Employers and Level 10 Most Wired Health Care Organization by CHIME.
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Do you want to start your career in healthcare or are you seeking a "forever" career? Then come and join Avera as a Patient Care Technician (PCT)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) available on Day 1!
- Options for Free Health Insurance!
- Advancement: Opportunities are available if you desire career growth in a healthcare field.
- Job Satisfaction: Each day you will positively impact each patient you serve by providing direct care.
- Responsible for checking patients in and completing the registration process
- Maintains the appearance of the work area, documenting procedures, answering phones, assisting staff in triage and stocking supplies
- Interview patients to obtain medical information
- Assists patients in examination rooms and prepare them for provider or treatment as necessary
- Performs various duties in the treatment and care of inpatients in accordance with established methods and procedures under the supervision and/or direction of a nurse.
Education and/or Experience
- A sincere desire to provide the highest quality of care for patients.
- The ability to provide care in a fast-paced environment while collaborating with your team.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- MN C.N.A. required upon hire
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) required within 90 days of hire
- CPI certification, or obtain within 4 months of hire
- Monday-Friday, 3:00pm-11:30pm, occas holiday, occas call time; 64 hours every 2 weeks
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
- $18.25 - $24.00 per hour